Thursday, October 18, 2007

7th Prep Class

Hello Everyone! I have had yet another exciting New Zealand prep-class. Our backpacking trip that we were supposed to leave tomorrow morning for has been officially canceled. the weather here in Utah is just a little too frigid, especially since we are expecting more snow this weekend. I'm a little bummed, I really wanted to try out all my new gear, especially my backpack and boots, but I would rather keep all my toes and be able to study for my Ethics test on Monday morning.
I do have flight information though. I will be booking all of my travel through BYU, it is much more reliable, and it will be cheaper because we will get a group rate. My flight from LA departs at 8:45pm on January 10th. After being in New Zealand for four months I will travel to Brisbane, Australia on April 11th, I will spend six days playing and scuba diving on the Great Barrier Reef before flying to Fiji for three days. I will fly out of Fiji on Monday April 21st and return to the US sometime on the 22nd. I can't wait! I have five really cool girls in my group and we are going to have a blast roaming around!
Our city presentations are in two weeks. Our professor wants us to do presentations on the cities we will be spending the most time in, so here is the list: We are going to Rotorua where we go Zorbing which is basically where we get in a giant ball and roll down a hill. Hamilton is where we will go to the temple. Kia Kaure will be where we eat tons and tons of fish and seafood and go whale watching. Waitomo, Greymouth-the whole west coast where there are a tons of little towns, Christchurch, and Wellington. Whitianga is one of the first places we are going. Puzzle world will also be on our list of stops, so you now I am super stoked about that! Our city presentations are going to be on November first, my group is doing Queenstown, where the bungee jumping central is. They are each seven minute presentations, including: history of the city, tons of pictures, primary people that live there, things to do there, the major attractions, best restaurants, handouts, etc. I am really excited to learn about all of the cities, and we will use our handouts for when we go to the cities so we know what to do, where to eat, etc!
I know I say this a lot, but I am seriously so excited to be going that I can barely stand it! You all have my permission to be jealous!

No comments: