Friday, September 21, 2007

3rd New Zealand Prep Class!!!!

Hello everyone! Class was slightly more subdued yesterday, so not as much to report. We read 'The Anatomy of Peace' for a class assignment so we discussed the book at length. ***Sidenote*** If any of you are looking for a book that will change the way you look at life, and will make you feel like a better person and allow you to see others the same way, then this is a great book to read. It is written by the Arbinger Institution which deals with human behavior studies. Anyway, back to class, after we discussed the book (the point of our reading it being that we are going to be stuck together for four months so we better learn how to get along!), we were given the student handbooks for study abroad programs. I don't know if any of you have ever been to prison or a mental institution, but I'm guessing the number of rules would be about the same for this program! 26 pages of rules!!! (One of the biggest rules: NO, absolutely ZERO dating, sorry for all you hoping I would come back with some hot New Zealander!) Reading all the rules (and having our lives threatened if we did not abide by said rules) took a good portion of the class. For the rest of the time we got into camping groups for our camping trip to the Uintahs in October (I have been oficially designated as 'life saver' also known as first aid girl!). I got some information for equipment that I need, I will try to update my wish list in the next couple of days. Thats it for this week, thank you all for tuning in! Love ya!

No comments: