Sunday, February 3, 2008

Day Twenty January 31, 2008 Thursday

Today I woke up at about nine. I had some toast for breakfast and got my swimming suit on. Erin wants to teach me how to do pilates, so we spent about twenty minutes ‘doing’ pilates, but most of the time I was in hysterics, well I guess I still got an ab workout anyway. After our pilates exercises we hopped on our bikes and road out to the main road to meet everyone else on their way to the beach. We met up with them at about ten minutes to eleven and continued on down to Oreti beach. The water was full of seaweed due to the tide, so we got a game of Ultimate Frisbee going. That was a lot of fun, but we only played one game because it was getting too hot. After the Frisbee game I decided to just deal with the seaweed and jumped in the water. I brought the boogy board with me on my backpack, but the waves weren’t very strong. I went in after a few minutes and layed out on the beach for a while. It was getting close to one, so I decided to head back home so I could talk to my Mom. I finally got to talk to her and I loved hearing the news from Kentucky and telling her all about what I have been doing here. When I hung up with my mom I decided to give my grandma a call. It was really nice to talk to my grandma, and I am glad she is starting to feel better. She said she will do everything she can to make it to my graduation in April, and that is all I care about! After talking to my family I read my book for a while to kill some time. We had tea early because we wanted to go into town at six to watch our friends play in a rugby game. We got to the game, but it was touch rugby, and only 30 minutes long. It was really fun to watch our friends play, but a little more boring than I thought it would be. After the game Erin and I decided to walk around town a little. We ended up finding a dollar on the street so we decided to buy some ice cream cones. After the ice cream cones we went to the Countdown supermarket and Erin and I each got some peanut butter, because the Duncan’s don’t have any. I also got some yogurt because basically yogurt here is amazing! After Vicki picked us up we came home and watched a little tv. Now I am totally exhausted and school starts tomorrow.

No comments: