Saturday, January 19, 2008

Day Six January 17, 2008 Thursday

We woke up at around eight today. I went to bed right after I finished my journal last night, so I think I got about ten whole hours! It felt amazing to get a good long night’s sleep. We quickly packed up the campsite and had breakfast. I had New Zealand cereal for the first time today, and I have to admit, it was a little weird! Almost every kind of cereal is some form of Wheat Bix. I had the crunchy kind of Wheat Bix, because I like my cereal to crunch, but even the crunchy kind was pretty soggy. I had a look at some of the other kinds after the milk was added, and it was pretty much soup, ick! After breakfast we all climbed into the vans again and head towards Taupo. The car ride was fairly long and every single person in my van fell asleep It was pretty funny, because I shared the backseat with this really sweet girl named Stephanie and she layed completely out on the seat and put her legs over my left leg, so that made me want to lay down so I layed down and put my right leg over her! So basically we were all completely out cold because when we woke up and everyone looked at the positions they had gotten themselves into we all started laughing hysterically! A little ways outside of Taupo we stopped at Huka falls to check them out. I have to be honest, I have never seen bluer water in my entire life, If I wasn’t looking at it with my own eyes I would swear it was fake! After the falls we had lunch and then went the rest of the way into Taupo. When we pulled into Taupo we played a little Frisbee and set up camp. After we got camp set up we all drove down to the beach. Because I had gotten fried the day before I decided to go with most of the rest of my previous-day beach cuddies to walk around town. The shops that we went into were pretty cool, especially the All Blacks store went to, which is the rugby team down here. We walked around for a while, but again most of the stores were closed. We finally decided to go to an internet cafĂ© and check our e-mails. Because all of my information is on my laptop I was unable to update my blog, but it was nice to e-mail my Dad, who happened to be on at the same time! When we came back to camp we had some dinner and played a rousing game of ultimate. A few of the girls helped put some aloe on my back, and all I got was gasps, so I guess it is pretty bad. Now it is bedtime again because I have a very intense hike tomorrow! Love ya all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In it something is. Clearly, thanks for the help in this question.