Monday, March 3, 2008

Day Twenty-Five February 5, 2008 Tuesday

I was sick today, really, really sick. Either I have a touch of the flu or that kiwi I ate last night really was as funky as it tasted. Anyway, there isn’t too much to report for today as a result. I threw up from about 3 to 6 am. I called my advisor Mark and told him I wouldn’t be able to come to school, sending Erin with the same message for my teacher. When Erin left at eight I was finally able to get a little sleep, although it was pretty restless. I got a package from my Dad today, which made me so happy I nearly cried, but I didn’t get the energy to open it for about four hours after I got it. At around 2:30 I gave my sister a call because I had promised to call her the day before but couldn’t due to the barbeque. After I talked to Maria I also called my mom to see how she was doing, because when you are sick sometimes you just need to talk to your mom! After I finished talking to her I decided to see if getting some sunlight and human interaction would help. I went out into the living room and watched a movie on the couch. Unfortunately, after about three hours this caused me to have a blinding headache on top of my achey joints and nauseous stomach. I went back to my room and took some advil and pepto pills that I brought with me and fell asleep again. Now it is eleven o’clock and I just woke up. I am feeling loads better, but still not 100%. The good new is that I haven’t thrown up for about 17 hours and was able to keep four crackers and two dry pieces of toast down. I think that I will be alright by midday tomorrow, at least I hope so. Sorry this was a boring update, but I guess we always have some of the bad mixed in with the good. Also, some people have asked if there will be any more adventures now that school has started. The short answer is yes, but probably only every other weekend or so. The long answer is yes, because every single day feels like an adventure, even with the constancy of school I never really know what I am going to get!

No comments: