Monday, March 3, 2008

Day Twenty-Nine February 9, 2008 Saturday

This morning I woke up semi-early to go to Sophie’s softball game at ten. We got there fairly early so that Sophie could warm up with her team. Apparently word got around that I was a softball player, because I wasn’t in my chair five minutes before the coach turned the team over to me and had me running drills! It was seriously so much fun, I think I have found my calling! It was a little weird working with boys, because they don’t have baseball here. The game went well, my little team needs a whole lot of work, but they are cute. We ended up losing 16-10, which considering the other team was coached by a Bobby Cox wannabe, I thought we did really well! After softball we headed home to have some lunch. I worked with the girls to get my room switched over to the smaller room. I really like this new room, it is done in all purple and is really sunny. It is about half the size of the other room, so I don’t feel so lonely. While we were switching Jen got her two little girls ready to leave, they are going up to Auckland for a few days before they head back home to Port Douglas in Australia. It was a bummer to see them go, I really liked Jen, we had a lot in common, but we are facebook friends, so hopefully we will keep in touch. By the time we finally got the rooms totally switched around it was time for tea. No one is feeling very well so we are all going to bed pretty early.

No comments: