Monday, March 24, 2008

Wait a second. Haven’t I seen that outfit before?

Just in case some of you were thinking that you have seen some of the outfits that I am wearing in pictures a few times I wanted to set the record straight. When I came to New Zealand I knew that I had three and a half months and only two 50 pound bags to get me through that time. Unfortunately I also had to bring my backpacking bag, hiking boots, tennis shoes, sleeping bag, sleeping pad, headlamp, laptop, tripod, camcorder, Scuba goggles, fins, snorkel, and booties, plus a whole bunch of books. As you can imagine this left me with very little weight for non-essentials ie: clothes! I brought with me exactly two exercise shorts, two exercise pants, three t-shirts, one pair of nice shorts, and two semi-nice long-sleeved shirts. That is it. For three and a half months. My mom has sent me a couple of new shirts and I bought a pair of jeans while I was here, but still I could fit every article of clothing I have into two drawers if I had to! So for all of you wondering why I lack a total sense of style and why I wear the same thing over and over and over again now you know!

No comments: