Monday, March 3, 2008

Day Twenty-Six February 6, 2008 Wednesday

Happy Waitangi Day! Today is the day New Zealand signed a treaty about land and ownership rights. Supposedly they try to make it New Zealand day, so basically our fourth of July on a much smaller scale. All of this translates into: NO SCHOOL! YAY! I woke up this morning around eleven, I am feeling quite a bit better, but still not a hundred percent. Erin threw up this morning at around 3:00 am, which was just shortly after Vicki. I guess what I had really was a flu bug, because it seems to be making its way through the household. Erin and I were driven into town this morning to save ourselves the exertion of biking because we have been so recently ill. We met up with a bunch of the girls around 12:30. We walked a bit into Queens Park and plopped down on a nice bit of grass somewhere in the middle about. I was finally able to eat a bit, but not very much. Most of the kids decided to play a rousing game of 500, but a select few, myself included, decided to read under one of the many beautiful trees. This sitting and reading went on for quite some time, and around three I ended up finishing my book, The Kite Runner. It was good, different from what I expected, but good nonetheless. Gina, Vicki’s mum, picked us up from the park around four and took us home. We ended up eating a nice spot of tea and just hanging around the house watching a spot of tv and getting to bed at a decent hour. Since the whole house is a bit off the weather it was a relief to get to bed and call it a day.

No comments: